Navigation

Use The Labels To Navigate The Blog

Friday 5 October 2012

Aaron's Funny Conversations 1.

Who Knew Biology Was So Funny?

A few days before starting my Apologia Biology book, I wrote down the four criteria for life on a sheet of paper and taped it on the wall:
  1. “All life forms contain deoxyribonucleic acid, which is called DNA.
  2. All life forms have a method by which they extract energy from the surroundings and convert it into energy that sustains them.
  3. All life forms can sense changes in their surroundings and respond to those changes.
  4. All life forms reproduce.”
Without saying a word, Aaron apparently looked at the page and sorta learned it. On the day before starting my biology paper, I was just finishing up dinner when I asked the Aaron what makes something alive.
He did not know, so I rattled off the four criteria for life word perfect, and Aaron said the same thing in his own words before pausing and saying..

“Nuclear acid?!” giggling. “All living things have to have nuclear acid?!” I started laughing.
“Deoxyribonucleic acid, you know, DNA.” I turned to Aaron and said, “Can you say ‘deoxyribonucleic acid’?” “That word is too long,” stated Aaron matter-of-factly. So I broke the word down into syllables, and he said each syllable.

“What else do you think is necessary for something to be alive?” I asked Aaron.
“All life forms must have boogers,” he stated, causing hilarity.
“But plants don’t have boogers, and plants are alive,” I stated calmly.Aaron laughed so hard he almost fell out of the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment