Navigation

Use The Labels To Navigate The Blog

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Shopping Trip



I needed to go shopping. Aaron was starting to eat more now. So, one day I asked Aaron if he would come with me to the shop to buy some food and things. He has nothing better planed so he agreed. We went in my car and drove to the nearest shop. Not the one his mum worked at though.

We arrived and parked the car up and walked to the shopping trolley park. Aaron insisted we get the one with the baby carrier on.. and I agreed knowing this was going to be a laugh. He sat in the baby carrier (still thin enough to get in) and I pushed him inside the store. We were quickly told to not carry Aaron like this so Aaron reluctantly got out. But still Aaron was wanting to be carried. So naturally he decided it would be great fun, at aged 11.. to be piggy backed around the store by me.

But I couldn’t hold him for that long so I suggested then he gets on my shoulders and I carry him that way. So, right next to the fruit and veg.. he I kneeled down and he climbed up into my shoulders and I lifted him up.

Most of the other shoppers where now staring at us like we were from mars. Aaron sucked his thumb and I walked around trying to keep a straight face as I placed items in the trolley. Then we reached the deli counter.

There was this cooked chicken section there.. where a number of chickens cooked in the store and you would pick one and have it bagged up in a foil bag and then well.. have it cold or with something at home. This of course gave Aaron, a funny excuse to take the piss.

On my shoulders he leaned over the counter.. high up and waved at the lady serving customers. She approached and looked at Aaron, obviously a big kid on my shoulders and was taken back. Then I smiled and said, can I have a cooked chicken please.

Just as she was going to take one out.. Aaron said.. nope not that one. Try the next. Then she reached for the next one.. then Aaron came out with a doozy… “Nope, the hole is too big, we need a tight one you know.. more fun that way!”

Straight away I knew what he was saying. And I think she did too.. I was about to say.. no, we don’t actually want to shag the chicken.. but she, in a pissed off embarrassed mood.. just shoved the chicken in the bag and almost threw it at us.

We continued shopping with not many other incidents until the check-out. Aaron by now was off my shoulders and holding my hand, sucking his thumb. When we unloaded the trolley on the check-out conveyor. The checkout lady asked how old Aaron was? Commenting on how sweet he looked.. now, Aaron looked younger than what he was.. as he was quite small for his age. He looked at her with adoring eyes sucking his thumb.. then took his thumb out of his mouth and said…

“I am 11, you want some love baby?”

I don’t think we will be going back there again.. I was almost in stitches laughing as we left the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment